One Voice Ensemble - Fall 2019
Welcome to One Voice!
What is One Voice? One Voice is an ensemble that leads worship at First Baptist Little Rock. We rehearse weekly on Wednesday nights at 6pm in the choir room and lead in worship every few weeks. We perform specials, lead the church in worship, and grow spiritually as we rehearse, fellowship, and worship each week.
How can I be a part of One Voice? Registration for the ensemble is renewed twice per year, once in September and once in January. During that time you may come to a rehearsal and see if this is a fit for you. If you choose to stay, you'll be asked for a four-month commitment to the group. That's all.
Is there any place I can listen to the music? Yes, we will have a listening page! You can listen to this on mobile devices or computers and we will have CDs available if you prefer that delivery method.
Is this just a "praise team" like I've seen in the past? No. While you will be leading in worship on the Sundays that you sing, our vision is for this group to sing a song, a choral song, each Sunday they lead. Think of this as a smaller choir that has a commitment to being there every week!
When will this semester start? Wednesday, September 11th in the choir room at 6pm. We will rehearse from 6-7pm each week in the fall with a couple of exceptions I'll tell you about.
ONE VOICE REQUIREMENTS:
1. You must commit to being at rehearsal every week, Wednesday nights from 6-7 pm. You will commit to this over any other activity that takes place during this time period for the whole semester, through Christmas of this year.
2. You must commit to singing with us on the Sundays we're scheduled. If something prevented you from being at the Wednesday rehearsal before we sing on a Sunday (a death in the family or severe illness, etc) then you will not sing with us that Sunday.
3. You must commit to learning your music on your own. There are multiple places you can listen to the music and you will have a folder of printed music....but you need to know these songs on your own and commit to listening to them weekly.
4. You must commit to being at a Sunday morning rehearsal, at 8am, in the Worship Center each Sunday we are scheduled to sing. This will be up to twice a month and is a vital time of sound checking that actually lets our tech crew rehearse.
5. You must commit to be a worship leader in the pew on the weeks we don't sing on stage. People in our church family watch us, and if you actively worship in the pew you earn the right to lead them on stage.
So...if you've made it this far, here's a sample of one of the first songs we'll be doing.
Now, if you'd like to be a part of this group, come Wednesday night, September 11th, at 6pm to the choir room. We'll talk during that time about what is involved in being a part of this group. We'll give you a chance to listen to music. We'll answer your questions about what it will look like when we sing.
Come sing with us! This just may be the "new" choir for our church!